CAD / CAM Joinery Designer
Develop working drawings and CAD / CAM files, and produce material quantities/orders to create unique cabinetry. Staff recognition and reward system; Social activities; Consistent hours in a permanent role.
About the Role
This is a new production-based role reporting to the operations team's Senior Contract Manager. You'll be responsible for working with designers to develop working drawings and CAM files for CNCs to produce cabinetry (including solid timber elements) in an efficient, timely way to meet a project's demands.
- Liaise with clients and site representatives
- Develop working drawings and CAD / CAM files
- Produce material quantities and orders
You're motivated by working on unique, challenging projects, and have an interest in developing new production methodologies to meet requirements. You're confident when it comes to liaising with external parties, and as such, you possess exceptional communication skills.
- Background in solid timber joinery, cabinetry and kitchen construction
- Familiar with timber window and door manufacture
- Experience in cabinetry software (e.g. Cabinetvision, Microvellum etc.)
- Proven experience in joinery drawing and estimating
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of commercial, architectural, and residential joinery. They've been producing high-quality, volume joinery work for over 70 years and have a collaborative workplace culture.
They're an established, family-owned business with a great reputation and a good mix of vibrant, creative types and experienced staff. You'll be joining a team of skilled, down-to-earth craftsmen when you start as a Joinery Designer with our client.
What's On Offer
- $28 – $36 per hour, based on skill and experience
- Staff recognition and reward system in place
- Staff social activities; more than just beers and creating veggie gardens
- Consistent hours in a permanent role
- Relocation assistance for the right applicant
How to Apply
The successful applicant will have a real interest in being part of a great team, and the necessary joinery knowledge required to succeed in this role. Domestic and international applications are welcomed!
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.