Mine Site Electrician - Mackay
Carry out surface installation and cable termination in the beautiful Mackay and Whitsundays region! Travel allowance, on-site meals and accommodation, and relocation assistance are on offer.
We are seeking a full-time qualified Electrician with preferred experience in mining and project work.
About the Role
You'll be involved in a range of duties, including carrying out surface installation and cable termination, primarily for the mining industry.
Shifts are 9-day fortnights; typically, you'll work 10 hrs per day from 7.00 am until 5.00 pm, with shorter Mondays and Fridays.
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing trade services and specialist machine overhauls in the mining, construction, electrical manufacturing, and engineering industries.
Based in the beautiful Mackay Region, they are an equal opportunity company with a strong established and successful electrical business.
You're an honest and reliable self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team. You're the sort of person who leads by example and motivates others. You take direction well and lead when required.
You have proficient knowledge of electrical drawings, and experience in testing and commissioning complex installation works.
You can meet deadlines while, most importantly, providing quality work and exceptional customer service. Your communication skills are excellent and you're confident liaising with both customers and colleagues
- A current QLD Electrical qualification
- A Construction Induction card
- Standard 11 Statement of Attainment and Coal Board Medical
- Current CPR/LVR Certificate
- EEHA (hazardous area) certification
- Working at heights
- Confined Space
What's on Offer
- There is a 2.5-hour allowance each way for travel. Transport is provided from Mackay, as is a vehicle for site works
- Competitive Wages – $63 – 73 per hour
- Accommodation and meals provided on site
- Opportunity to grow as the business expands
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.
If this sounds like your next role, apply now and include your cover letter and resume.