Plant & Heavy Machinery Operator
Work on various civil construction projects in Hastings. Relevant construction industry and machine operation experience required. Negotiable pay rate.
We are looking for a motivated machinery operator to work in Hastings.
About the Role
Reporting to the site foreperson, you'll operate a variety of rollers, excavators, graders, dump trucks and other mobile machines/vehicles (according to
your experience/licences), ensuring all works are carried out safely and to best practices.
Our client works on various infrastructure projects including roading, bridges, drainage, utilities and more. Alternatively, you may be placed in a quarry environment.
- Complete pre-start checks
- Operate a range of machinery/vehicles (depending on your experience/licenses)
- Dig trenches, lay drains, pipes etc.
- Assist with the construction of various infrastructure
- Undertake labouring tasks as required
You're a self-motivated person with a can-do attitude who's a real team player. You can effectively and positively communicate with co-workers and management.
Any relevant tickets and licenses you hold are hugely beneficial such as WTR endorsement, Class 2 or 4 licence, Site Safe etc.
- Relevant construction industry experience
- Sound understanding of site safety and hazard management
- Knowledge of machinery maintenance and care
- Good level of physical fitness
What's On Offer
- Negotiable pay from $25-$35 per hour
- 8% holiday pay on top of your hourly rate
- Weekly pay
- Permanent role
- PPE provided
How to Apply
If this role interests you, please apply by sending us your CV/resume outlining your experience, along with two contactable references.
Please note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.