Help prep formwork, place, screen, and finish concrete elements and panels as a concrete worker. Experience in formwork is very beneficial, but training can be provided - all skill levels are encouraged to apply.
A concreting company is currently recruiting a Concrete Worker/ Formworker in the wider Levin area. If you have concrete experience then we are likely to have a position for you; if you need full training, we may be able to help too!
About the Role
You'll perform various concreting duties as required for each site while operating troweling machines, concrete vibrators and using hand and power tools. Learning on the job, you'll have the chance to build formwork, fix steel, place, screen, and finish concrete elements and panels.
Typical duties may include some or all of the following:
- Place reinforcing steel
- Assemble formwork/boxing
- Place, screen, and finish concrete elements and panels
- Operate equipment and use hand and power tools
You have strong communication skills and a high level of attention to detail. Reliable and punctual, you're a practical thinker with a fantastic attitude and are driven to learn new skills. Seeing tasks through to completion and working collaboratively within a team will see you thrive in this role.
Experience in the Concrete Industry, or with Civil or Construction labouring is preferable but as long as you can handle a power tool, we can look at training you! Having ConstructSafe or Site Safe is also beneficial.
Starting wage based on your skill level – those new to the trade as well as those with experience are encouraged to apply.
- Physically fit and healthy
- Will pass a pre-employment drug test
- A strong work ethic, capable of strenuous work
What's On Offer
- $23 – $29 per hour for those new to the trade
$30 – $35 + per hour for experienced concreters
- 8% for holiday pay on top of hourly wage
- PPE is provided
- Opportunity to gain relevant licenses/certificates for dedicated workers
- Fixed-term contracts are available with the chance for some to turn into permanent contracts
How to Apply
Click the button to apply and send us your CV/Resume along with two contactable references.
No previous work experience? No worries! Apply anyway and tell us why you think you'd be suitable for this position.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.