Experienced joiner needed in Hastings to work on bespoke architectural joinery projects. 2+ years experience and completed apprenticeship or similar qualification required. $35 - $40 per hour on offer.
About the Role
You'll work on custom-designed architectural joinery projects to manufacture feature panels and batten products for a range of commercial and residential clients. As part of your responsibilities, you'll oversee other staff in the workshop and perform necessary training/upskilling. Tools/machinery you'll be required to use include table saws, press machines, spindle moulders, and similar.
- Manufacture feature panels and batten products
- Oversee other staff members
- Use relevant tools and machinery competently
- Collaborate with skilled craftsmen, designers, estimators and project leads
You have at least 2 years of experience in joinery or carpentry. Strong attention to detail while managing multiple priorities and deadlines comes naturally to you. You have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), can interpret design plans accurately, and have high standards with an exceptional eye for detail.
Experience working with architectural design is highly beneficial.
- Completed apprenticeship or similar qualification required
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Can understand technical drawings and details
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test
About Our Client
Our client is a family-owned company passionate about architectural design and specialises in custom solutions that enhance their customers' spaces. They value innovative, custom-crafted, design-led solutions that combine high performance with aesthetics and are committed to sustainability. They've worked on some awe-inspiring commercial and residential projects across the North Island and have a dynamic team that works together to produce exceptional results.
What's On Offer
- $35 – $40 per hour, depending on skill
- Full-time, permanent role (option for fixed term contract if preferred)
- Work Mon to Fri, 5 am – 4 pm
- Join a company that values innovation and strategic thinking
How to Apply
If you're a suitably qualified and experienced joiner, apply now by submitting your CV/resume, emphasising how you're suited to this role, along with two contactable references.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.