Shop Floor Foreman
Oversee the quality and delivery of joinery of the production team. Coach and develop staff. Relocation assistance for the right candidate. Permanent role.
About the Role
This is a production (tools) based role leading our client's production staff and reporting to the Senior Contract Manager. You'll be responsible for overseeing the quality and delivery of joinery within requirements, and for enforcing all quality processes and health and safety procedures. Coaching and developing staff where they have skill gaps, you'll encourage the cross-discipline development of your team. There will be an element of data reporting and documentation review, and assistance with the identification and valuing of variations as required.
- Liaise with clients and site representatives
- Oversee the distribution of production labour
- Coach and develop staff
- Assist in staff performance management
You're motivated by working on unique, challenging projects, and have an interest in developing the skills of your team. You're confident when it comes to liaising with external parties, and as such, you possess exceptional communication skills. Ideally, you have experience with H&S reporting, process implementation, and the performance management of junior staff.
- Highly competent in solid timber joinery
- Familiar with cabinetry and kitchen construction, and timber window and door manufacture
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of commercial, architectural, and residential joinery. They've been producing high-quality, volume joinery work for over 70 years and have a collaborative workplace culture.
They're an established, family-owned business with a great reputation and a good mix of vibrant, creative types and experienced staff. You'll be joining a team of skilled, down-to-earth craftsmen when you start as a Shop Floor Foreman with our client.
What's On Offer
- $30 – $35 per hour, based on skill and experience
- Staff recognition and reward system in place
- Staff social activities; more than just beers and creating veggie gardens
- Consistent hours in a permanent role
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
How to Apply
The successful applicant will have a real interest in leading a great team, and the necessary joinery knowledge required to succeed in this role.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.